On the 6th of January this year, the Dakar Rally is set to kick off amid wild anticipation from race car fans all around the world. If you’re not planning to fly off to Peru to witness this live event, then its best that you learn how to stream the Dakar Rally on Kodi live, and get in on all the action straight from your home. The Dakar Rally is one event that has continued to gather a whole lot of fans over the years, so if you’re a true fan, it makes a whole lot of sense to find out what you need to do to get a piece of the action. In this review, we’re going to be looking at what you should do to stream the 2018 Dakar Rally live through your Android TV, FireStick, PC, Mac, Raspberry Pi or Xbox One. Let’s get on with it.
Streaming The 2018 Dakar Rally On Kodi From The US
If you happen to be in the United States, you’ll have to rely on NBC Sports to stream through the sporting event. You’ll find the NBCSN Kodi addon from the official Kodi Add-on repo, but you’ll still need an active cable subscription to get it to work.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start up your Kodi app and navigate through to Addons.
- You’ll see the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner. Click on it.
- Choose to ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Select NBC Sports Live Extra -> Install.
- Give it a minute ir two for the NBC Sports Live Extra Addon enabled notification.
- Head back to the Kodi homescreen & select the ‘Addons’ tab.
- Open Video Addons.
- Your installed video addons will all appear here, including NBCSN.
- Upon initial launch, you’ll receive an activation code which you’ll have to enter here.
- If all goes well, you should be able to stream the 2018 Dakar Rally live through your Kodi.
Streaming The 2018 Dakar Rally On Kodi From The UK
The broadcasting rights to the Dakar Rally are solely held by Eurosport in the UK. This is great news for Kodi users since there is a Eurosport Kodi plugin that can be used to stream the race live through your Kodi, provided you have an active Eurosport Player subscription.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Step one would be to download the Kodi Nerds ZIP file from here.
- Proceed to start up Kodi, and click on the Settings icon in the top left corner.
- Navigate through System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Switch on ‘Unknown Sources to be able to install third-party addons.
- Click ‘Yes’ right after the warning box pops up.
- From the Kodi home screen, go on to choose Addons, then My Addons.
- On that list you should see Videoplayer InputStream.
- Ensure that both RTMP Input & InputStream Adaptive are turned on.
- From the Kodi homescreen, choose ‘Addons’, then click on the Package Installer Icon.
- Click on ‘Install from Zip file’, then find the Zip file you’d downloaded earlier. It’ll be under repository.kodinerds-6.0.0.zip.
- Hold on for the add-on enabled notification.
- Proceed to Install from repository.
- Go through KodiNerds.net Addons Video Addons.
- Choose Eurosport Player and install it.
- Now, from the Kodi home screen, head to Videos, then Addons, the Eurosport Player.
- Use your credentials to sign in through the Eurosport Player subscription.
- Enjoy streaming the 2018 Dakar Rally live.
Use VPN to Unblock More Content From Kodi
If you’re an experienced Kodi user, you probably know that a whole lot of Kodi addons, including those of NBC Sport & Eurosport Player have restricted access for those that are abroad. In this case, American and even British expatriates won’t be able to use these these plugins while either travelling or living abroad. What they can do, however, is to turn to a solution that allows them to bypass these geo-restrictions; a solution such as a VPN. Here’s what using a credible VPN service will allow you to do:
- Work Around ISP Throttling: If you’re keen enough, you might have noticed that your Internet speed kind of goes down if you happen to be streaming videos while online, but stays the same when you’re not. This is your ISP trying to put a limit on your bandwidth. If you get a VPN, they won’t even be able to discern whatever you’re up to online, let alone throttle your speed.
- User Friendly VPN Apps: A lot of the apps that you’re going to use to manage your VPN subscription are easy-to-use, and don’t require that you have a lot of technical knowledge.
- Privacy & Anonymity: Using a VPN means that you’ll be able to conceal both your identity & location online, and also encrypt your data.
- Access Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: By subscribing to a credible VPN provider, you’ll have your location concealed, and this will allow you to access a whole lot of Kodi add-ons that are only specific to users from a certain region.
One credible provider that we think fits the bill is IPVanish. This is the provider to turn to if you’re looking for an affordable service, and a seamless experience when dealing with Kodi addons. You can get to try them out through their 7-day refund policy, and if not convinced, you can take a look at other choices that collectively are the best VPNs to use with Kodi in 2018.
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|
Conclusion On How To Watch The 2018 Dakar Rally Live On Kodi
In your quest to have the 2018 Dakar Rally streamed straight to your home, you might come across a variety of third-party addons that actually provide users with pirated streams. The problem is, these streams may be deemed illegal based on your location, and may attract a lot of unwanted attention from your ISP or other copyright institutions. If you want to avoid any legal trouble, the best way to go is to rely on legal addons like Eurosport Player & NBC Sports; you’ll have absolutely no regrets.