How to install VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick? The combination of Kodi and the Amazon Firestick however brings about a high quality of streaming value. Staying anonymous while using Kodi is key since it allows you to access channels that would otherwise be considered geo-blocked. To do this, you would need a quality certified VPN provider. In the tutorial below, we will show you how to setup VPN directly on the FireStick or FireTV Stick. We’ve also included a list of the best Kodi Fire Stick VPN for 2017.
How to Install VPN on Amazon FireStick – Content Index
Best VPN for Amazon FireTV Stick – Summary
Here’s a list of the best VPN services you can use on the Fire TV Box or FireStick. In this tutorial, we will use IPVanish because they’re the only VPN service that has an app that is available on Amazon.
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|
How to Install VPN on FireStick – The Easy Way
- Go to IPVanish and sign up.
- Start up your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Head to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
- Select ‘Categories -> Utility’.
- Again, select the IPVanish VPN app.
- Then press ‘Get’ to download the app.
- Choose open to launch it after downloading.
- And sign in to the VPN app using your IPVanish Username & Password.
- Then choose the VPN server location you’d wish to connect to.
- After the connection has been established, click the home button on your Fire Stick remote.
Two of the biggest benefits that you’d get from using VPN include accessing geoblocked channels on your FireStick, and also watching TV shows and movies on Kodi anonymously.
Top 5 Fire Stick VPNs
We’ve narrowed down to the top 5 best VPN providers that we’re sure will not disappoint, and because we’ve done our research well enough, we can certify that these are the best VPN providers you can use for Kodi on Fire Stick in 2017.
IPVanish – Best Amazon Fire Stick VPN in 2017
IPVanish starts off our list of the best VPNs because of its good reputation among customers, as well as the high quality of their service. Here’s what you should expect from them:
- Refund Policy: IPVanish offers a 7-day refund guarantee where you’re able to reclaim your money incase you feel that it was not well spent in paying for their service.
- Zero Logs Policy: Your VPN provider shouldn’t be keeping logs of any websites you visit, even as they prevent others from eavesdropping on your online activity. If they did, it would not make any sense whatsoever. It’s important that your provider does not keep a tab on the movies you’re watching, files you’re downloading, or the websites you choose to visit.
- Optimized for Kodi: Of the many providers in the market, IPVanish is one of the few that are optimized to work seamlessly with Kodi. This means it is not as likely to bring up problems when put to work together.
- Scattered VPN servers: Your online streaming experience highly depends on the number of servers that your VPN provider has scattered all around the world. You’ll be sure to experience buffering issues if your provider doesn’t have the best servers around. This can be prevented by making sure that your provider has servers that are closer to where you are, so as to reduce the risk of Internet speed drops.
NordVPN – Best VPN for Amazon Fire TV 2017 Review
The most friendly VPN apps for the iPad, iPhone PC, Mac and Android is undoubtedly the one provided by NordVPN. The setup procedure is only minutes long, and you’ll be able to launch the app and get connected to whichever server you choose. The developers really did their best to come up with such easy to use apps. Nord also provides a 30-day refund period for customers who would want to try out their service before paying for them. Pros:
- VPN servers in around 57 countries.
- 30-day refund period.
- Double VPN.
- Great VPN apps.
- A couple VPN servers were quite slow
Express VPN – Best VPN for Fire TV Stick 2017 Review
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support.
- 3 simultaneous VPN connections.
- More than 130 VPN locations around the world.
- American Netflix is also unblocked.
VyprVPN – Best VPN 2017 Review
- Fast VPN servers.
- Servers in about 36 countries.
- No torrents.
StrongVPN – Best VPN Review 2017
- Free Smart DNS proxy service
- Low cost
- Access to American & UK Netflix overseas.
- OpenVPN only accessible on certain servers.
- 5-day refund period.
- Some VPN servers don’t work at all/too slow.
The Need to Use a VPN on Fire Stick
The primary use of a VPN service is to encrypt all of your Internet traffic. This would mean being able to watch TV shows, live sports and movies via Kodi on Fire Stick. You also get your IP address hidden since you’d be connecting to a remote server. The sites that you choose to access would only see the IP address of the VPN server that you’d be connected to. Having set up a BBC iPlayer addon on your Kodi, you will always get a geo-error whenever you’d try to stream live in-demand content to your Kodi. If we’re talking about torrent addons, your IP address will get added to the torrent swarm as soon as you download a torrent. This allows copyright infringement groups or your ISP to easily track your downloads. A credible VPN service will allow you to bypass both geo-restrictions and keep your online identity hidden.
How to Install VPN on FireStick – Wrap Up
Thanks to IPVanish, setting up VPN on Amazon FireTV Stick has become extremely easy. Simply download the VPN app, sign in, and connect to a VPN server. Not doing so will result in your privacy getting exposed & will potentially land you in legal trouble in case you are using unofficial Kodi addons to stream pirated content online.