Perhaps you’re hoping to enjoy Kodi on your Windows PC, but you’re not quite sure about how to install Kodi on Windows. Chances are, you’re one among many users who aren’t that familiar with windows. Don’t worry, you happen to have come across a step-by-step guide where you’ll get to learn how to install Kodi on PC as well as how to setup Kodi addons like Alluc, Exodus and SALTS regardless of whether you’re using Windows PC, XP, 7, 8 or 10.
How to Install Kodi on Windows PC
Here are the steps that will help you setup Kodi on your PC:
- To start with, log on to the official Kodi download page and download the installation file.
- As soon as the download is complete, double-click that new file. The Kodi setup window should launch.
- From here, your PC will prompt you to initiate the Kodi installation process. Click Next to continue.
- Once the Setup Wizard is done installing, you can launch the Kodi app on your Windows device. The Kodi app will also appear on your desktop.
How to Install Kodi Addons on Windows PC
So that you can watch TV shows, movies and live streams via Kodi, you’ll need to install additional Kodi addons. Let’s try out USTVNow as our first addon. Here’s how you can install USTVNOW Kodi addon on your PC, after launching the Kodi XBMC app:
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Click on Video Addons and then select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on USTVNOW -> Install.
- Wait until you see the USTVNOW Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including USTVNOW, will appear here.
Why You Should Use VPN with Kodi
There’s a high chance that some of these Kodi addons get their streams from either pirated or illegal sites, and this might pose a bit of a risk to those who stream through them.
In this case, using VPN alongside Kodi is considered best practice because we want to prevent your ISP from spying on your online activity. If you didn’t know, your ISP is easily able to track your browsing activity using your IP address. Incase you’re using a Kodi addon, using VPN lets you mask your IP address so that they aren’t able to snoop your online activity. This will prevent any warning letters, DMCA or copyright infringement letters from landing in your inbox.
You won’t really need any special technical know how to get to setup VPN on a Windows PC. This is made possible through VPN apps provided by credible VPN Services such as IPVanish; one reason their service is well known to function better than Kodi compared to others.
Regardless, here are some other VPN providers you can count on to watch TV shows, movies & live stream anonymously on Kodi:
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|
Closing Remarks on How To Install Kodi on Windows
At the beginning of your installation process, ensure that you’re logged on to the official Kodi website before you begin downloading the installation file. I’m asking you to do this because there are quite a number of mirror sites that contain download links that could badly infect your computer. Also, run your VPN connection before streaming movies or shows via your Kodi. In the long run, taking your online privacy seriously will be of great benefit to you.