SALTS, meaning Stream All The Sources, is the name that describes best one of the most popular Kodi XBMC addons since it allows you to stream top rated TV shows and movies from so many sources. After you go through this guide on how to install SALTS Kodi addon, you’ll be able to configure SALTS Kodi add-on on your Amazon Fire Stick, Nvidia Shield, Mac, Chromecast, PC or any other Android TV Box. Have a look at it below.
How To Install SALTS Kodi Addon
Here are the instructions you need to follow to set up SALTS on your KODI:
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff”.
- Name it ‘kodistuff’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi homescreen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> kodistuff.
- Select repository.smash-x-x-x.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from repository.
- Choose the Smash Repository to open it.
- Click on Video Add-ons -> SALTS and press install.
- Wait until you see the SALTS Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- All the video addons you install, including SALTS, will appear here.
Is the SALTS Kodi Addon Legal to Use?
I have previously talked about the legal issues issues surrounding the usage of SALTS addon in good detail. If you read through that write up, you’ll understand why the best way to avoid any potential legal trouble is to stream movies and TV shows through SALTS anonymously is via a virtual private network, also known as VPN. If you do, nobody will be able to trace what you’re watching on Kodi since your Internet traffic gets encrypted.
Stream Through SALTS anonymously via VPN
The Internet encryption feature of VPNs is made possible since, after you connect to a remote VPN server, you get to mask your IP address. Once this is done, you’ll be able to watch movies and TV shows via Alluc, Exodus, Gensis or any other Kodi addon without the risk of receiving DMCA copyright infringement notices in your inbox. Go on and setup VPN to watch movies & TV shows on SALTS anonymously by following through the following steps:
- Make sure you find a VPN provider that takes your online privacy seriously. IPVanish would be a good place to start.
- Once you do, sign up, download and install their VPN application on your iPad, Android, Mac, iPhone or PC.
- Launch the VPN app, then connect to a VPN server.
- Start streaming your movies and TV shows knowing that no-one will be eavesdropping on you.
- Check out other geo-restricted Kodi addons that VPN allows you to unblock such as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, NBC Sports and ITV.
As I’ve mentioned above, IPVanish is a good provider to consider starting with because they have a good understanding of customer privacy. They promise their subscribers that they won’t keep a log of their browsing activities.
Here are some other VPN providers you could use to watch SALTS anonymously:
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|
Closing Remarks on How To Install Kodi Addon
For users that are based in the UK, Australia, USA or Canada, it’s recommended that they use VPN with Kodi to avoid getting mixed up in legal issues involving their country’s strict privacy laws.
*Disclaimer: This article is strictly intended for educational purposes. Best-VPN.net does not condone, promote or encourage, any criminal or illegal activity in any shape or form. Your actions are your responsibility. Please check your local laws regarding torrents and pirated streaming. Best-VPN.net does not host any pirated content.