ibVPN added a new feature to their service – Socks5 Proxy.
Socket Secure (SOCKS) is an Internet protocol that exchanges network packets between a client and server through a proxy server. Socks5 is an extension of Socks protocol, more flexible and secure server protocol because it can’t differentiate network traffic types (FTP for torrent file, HTTP for browsing, SMTP for email, etc.). It offers more choices for authentication and adds support for IPv6 and UDP, the latter of which can be used for DNS lookups.
Socks5 as well as VPN also changes your IP address, but unlike of VPN it does not encrypt your connection and only selected applications are using Socks5 (browsers, torrent apps). Thereby its faster than VPN and this is a great solution for the anonymous and fast torrenting or browsing.
Advantages of Socks5 Proxy:
- Ideal solution for torrenting – it masks your IP address while browsing or torrenting;
- Torrent Protection– some torrent apps stop downloading if Socks5 connection is not active;
- Faster than VPN– there is no encryption, that’s why your speed drops not so strongly;
- Easy installation and configuration;
- Bypass censorship and firewalls;
- Efficient connections – you can use both TCP and UDP protocols if needed.
Why to use Socks5 at ibVPN?
ibVPN provides excellent services for your virtual security and privacy. Its an experienced VPN provider with wide range of features, lots of VPN locations, reasonable pricing and great support. We have reviewed ibVPN and can recommend it as one of the best providers of online security market. Please read our ibVPN review here. What is more, its one of the cheapest services nowadays with amazing free trial option and really good customer care policy.