Curious about how to watch Super Bowl 2018 on Kodi 17 Krypton or Kodi 18 Leia? This year’s Super Bowl will see the Philadelphia Eagles battle it out with the New England Patriots for the title, and it’s sure to be one match that diehard football fans would not want to miss. The event is set to take place on Sunday, the 4th of February, and if you’re not sure as to whether or not you’ll be attending live, then you ought to get your NBC Sports Live Extra addon ready. You’ll need it to be able to stream the Super Bowl 2018 on Kodi. If you’re not quite sure how to get this all set up on your Mac, PC, Amazon Fire Stick or Android Firestick, then you’re going to want to pay close attention to our help guide:
Best Kodi Addon For Watching the 2018 Super Bowl – NBC Sports
Given the many addons you’re likely to come across in your search, there’s only one that’ll guarantee you’re able to catch all the 2018 Super Bowl action live, and this is the NBCSN Kodi addon. You’ll be able to find it through a simple search through the Kodi Add-on repository, though if you happen to live outside the US, having downloaded the addon really don’t mean much.
One thing you can do however is connect to a VPN service, which will in turn help you connect to a VPN service, through which you can connect to an American server, and appear as though you’re launching a connection from the US. Here are the instructions to do that:
- Start up your Kodi app and go to ‘Addons’.
- Find the Package Installer Icon and click on it.
- Then navigate through ‘Install from Repository’ -> ‘Kodi Add-on Repository’
- Select NBC Sports Live Extra and choose to install it.
- Wait a while for the notification that confirms the NBC Sports Live Extra Addon has been enabled.
- Back from the Kodi home screen, open the ‘Addons’ tab. It should be at the left hand column.
- Select Video Addons.
- You should see NBCSN, and all the other video addons you choose to install here.
- Launching the NBC Sports Live Extra addon for the first time, you’ll be provided with an activation code. You’ll have to enter it here: https://activate.nbcsports.com/
Based on your preference, you can also choose to download the official NBCSN add-on from here, then have it set up by selecting to ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Installing from repository’
How To Stream the 2018 Super Bowl on Kodi Live from the UK
In the UK, there’s only one station that has the broadcasting rights for the 2018 super bowl, and that is the BBC. If you happen to be living there, you’ll have to look for the BBC iPlayer live Kodi addon, so that you’re able to watch the Super Bowl 2018 through Kodi live. To get the addon, you’ll need to:
- Start up Kodi and click on ‘Addons’.
- You should be able to see the Package Installer Icon from the top-left corner.
- Once you see it, click on it, and choose to ‘Install from Repository’.
- Select the Kodi Add-on repository, then ‘Video Addons’.
- You’ll see a long list of addons. Choose iPlayer WWW from that list, then ‘Install’.
- At this point you’ll have to wait a while for the ‘Addon Enabled notification’.
- Once it appears, head back to your Kodi homescreen.
- Navigate through Addons -> Video Addons -> iPlayer WWW.
- Start up the addon, and enjoy coverage of the 2018 Super Bowl free and live through your Kodi.
How To Use VPN to Watch The 2018 Super Bowl Live on Kodi
The thing about Kodi addons is that they’re also dependent on where exactly you happen to be based. They’re geo-restrictive, meaning you’d be unable to watch live football games via Kodi if the country you’re in doesn’t fall within their whitelist. It’s actually even illegal to use the NFL Kodi addons in some particular countries. If found doing so, there’s a high chance that your ISP will be sending a copyright infringement notice to your inbox. If you don’t want to get caught up in all this hype, then there’s one way through which you’ll be able to circumvent all these geographic restriction and have control over your privacy whenever you’re using Kodi.
You can get to enjoy all this through the use if a VPN (Virtual Private Network), which will make it really easy for you to hide your IP address, as well as encrypt all your Internet traffic. Here’s what you should expect through the use of a VPN service:
- Using a VPN means all your Internet traffic gets securely encrypted. Therefore, no one, not even your ISP, will be able to spy on your online activities.
- Using a VPN also allows you to access all geo-restricted Kodi addons, and also stream geo-blocked channels such as BeIN Sports, Sky Sport, NBC Sport, Hulu, HBO GO and Netflix while abroad.
A few more things to consider before you choose what VPN provider your going to be signing up with is whether or not they offer unlimited bandwidth, and also have no data caps. Keeping these two requirements in check will ensure you don’t have to sit around waiting as whatever you’re trying to stream buffers.
Best VPN To Watch The 2018 Super Bowl – Conclusion
From what we’ve seen through our tests, IPVanish happens to be the best VPN service to stream the 2018 Super Bowl, and this is mainly because of its complete compatibility with Kodi.
In addition, they also have specially enhanced servers that allow for faster streaming speeds with Kodi, as well as VPN apps that work seamlessly well with your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC or Android based device so as to spoof your location. Aside from IPVanish, we also have a couple more providers that will also ensure you have a good experience with using them alongside Kodi. Here are more of the best Kodi VPN providers:
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|