It’s the NCAA National Championship Final tonight as the Georgia Bulldogs face Alabama Crimson Tide at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. While it might not quite the spectical on an international level, the College Football Playoff final certainly is one of the most watched sports events in the United States. If you happen to own a FireStick, PC, Mac, Android TV, Xbox One, or Raspberry Pi and have Kodi installed on it, you’re probably looking for a way to stream the College Football Playoff Final 2018 on it.
How to Watch College Football Playoff Final on Kodi Live?
In case you currently live in the United States, you’ll have to rely on ESPN to stream through the sporting event. You’ll find the ESPN Kodi addon from the official Kodi Add-on repo, but you’ll still need an active cable subscription to get it to work.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start up your Kodi app and navigate through to Addons.
- You’ll see the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner. Click on it.
- Choose to ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Select ESPN3 -> Install.
- Give it a minute ir two for the ESPN3 Addon enabled notification.
- Head back to the Kodi homescreen & select the ‘Addons’ tab.
- Open Video Addons.
- Your installed video addons will all appear here, including ESPN3.
- You will now be asked to authenticate with a cable provider in order to watch premium content.
- If all goes well, you should be able to stream the 2018 National Championship Final Game live through your Kodi.
Best VPN for Kodi
If you’re an experienced Kodi user, you probably know that a whole lot of Kodi addons, including those of NBC Sport & Eurosport Player have restricted access for those that are abroad. In this case, American and even British expatriates won’t be able to use these these plugins while either travelling or living abroad. What they can do, however, is to turn to a solution that allows them to bypass these geo-restrictions; a solution such as a VPN. Here’s what using a credible VPN service will allow you to do:
- Work Around ISP Throttling: If you’re keen enough, you might have noticed that your Internet speed kind of goes down if you happen to be streaming videos while online, but stays the same when you’re not. This is your ISP trying to put a limit on your bandwidth. If you get a VPN, they won’t even be able to discern whatever you’re up to online, let alone throttle your speed.
- User Friendly VPN Apps: A lot of the apps that you’re going to use to manage your VPN subscription are easy-to-use, and don’t require that you have a lot of technical knowledge.
- Privacy & Anonymity: Using a VPN means that you’ll be able to conceal both your identity & location online, and also encrypt your data.
- Access Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: By subscribing to a credible VPN provider, you’ll have your location concealed, and this will allow you to access a whole lot of Kodi add-ons that are only specific to users from a certain region.
One credible provider that we think fits the bill is IPVanish. This is the provider to turn to if you’re looking for an affordable service, and a seamless experience when dealing with Kodi addons. You can get to try them out through their 7-day refund policy, and if not convinced, you can take a look at other choices that collectively are the best VPNs to use with Kodi in 2018.
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|
How to Stream National Championship Final on Kodi Live
There’s no doubt that the College Football Playoff Final is one of the biggest sporting events of the year. Millions of spectators from the USA and the rest of the world will tune in tonight to watch two of the best college football teams go head to head. Do you think Alabama or Georgia will win the National Championship 2018? Share your predictions below.