Thinking about how you’ll get to stream the 2018 Winter Olympics on Kodi 18 Leia or Kodi 17 Krypton live? Soon enough, we’ll have the Winter Olympics kicking off in PyeongChang, and it’s set to be one of the most widely anticipated global sporting events of the year, second only to the Fifa World Cup. It’ll have hundreds of the best athletes from everywhere around the world converge in South Korea for what will definately be an event to remember. If you don’t want to miss out on all of this action, then its best you find a way to watch the Winter Olympics 2018 on your Kodi. You can get to do so through your Xbox One, Android TV, PC, Mac, Raspberry Pi or Amazon FireStick. Here’s how to get it set up:
Streaming The Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi in USA
NBC Sports is one of the few channels that has the broadcasting rights to the 2018 Winter Olympics in the US, so you’ll have to start out by looking for the official NBCSN Kodi addon. You can get this addon through the official Kodi Add-on repository which you can rest assured is both safe and legal to use. What you should keep in mind however, is that to get this plugin, you’ll need a valid cable subscription. The steps below should help get you ready to watch the Winter Olympics 2018 on your Kodi:
- Start by launching your Kodi app and heading onto ‘Addons’.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon that should be located on your top left corner.
- Then click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Select NBC Sports Live Extra -> Install.
- Hold on for the NBC Sports Live Extra Addon Enabled notification to appear.
- Once it does, head back to the Kodi home screen and select the ‘Addons’ tab.
- Select Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install are meant to appear here. NBCSN included.
- Upon launch, you’ll receive an activation code that you’ll need to enter at https://activate.nbcsports.com/
- As soon as that’s done, you’re ready to start streaming the Winter Olympics 2018 live on Kodi.
As a second option, you could also get to download the official NBCSN add-on from here, then get it set up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
Streaming The Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi in the UK
If you happen to be living, or have travelled to the UK, then you should have nothing to worry about since all you’ll need is the iPlayer WWW Kodi plugin to watch the games live on your Kodi. The BBC is the only channel that has the exclusive broadcasting rights to the games, so the plugin will be streaming directly from that channel. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open up your Kodi, then click on ‘Addons’.
- Having done so, you’ll see the Package Installer Icon on the top-left corner. Click it.
- Go on and choose to ‘Install from Repository’.
- Then, select the Kodi Add-on repository and then click on ‘Video Addons’.
- You should see iPlayer WWW on your list. Select it and choose to ‘Install’.
- Wait for a minute or so for the ‘Add On Enabled notification’ then head back to your Kodi homescreen.
- Navigate through Addons -> Video Addons -> iPlayer WWW.
- You’ll now have successfully installed BBC iPlayer on your Kodi.
- All you’ll have to do now is to launch the addons and start streaming the Winter Olympics 2018 live.
Best Addons To Stream The Winter Olympics On Kodi
- Hotstar (India)
- WWW iPlayer (UK)
- NBCSN (USA)
- Rai TV (Italy)
- DR TV (Denmark)
- Eurosport Player
Use VPN to Unblock More Content on Kodi
A good majority of Kodi addons like Eurosport Player, iPlayer WWW and NBC Sport happen to be geo-restricted abroad, meaning that a British or American expatriate won’t really be able to use those plugins to stream the 2018 Winter Olympics while living abroad. To work around such restrictions, what you’ll need to use is VPN with Kodi. There are a number of benefits that you’ll gain from doing so, some of them include:
- Avoiding ISP Throttling: ISPs have a tendency to slow down your speed especially if they notice you happen to be consuming a lot of bandwidth through constantly streaming videos. With a VPN, you’ll be able to prevent them from seeing exactly what you’re up to, so they won’t be able to throttle your connection speed.
- Complete Privacy: The main purpose of a VPN service is to have your connection protected from any kind of outside interference, and this kind of security means you’ll be able to go on with your work without worrying about anyone hacking your device and having your information stolen. A VPN service is able to encrypt your connection.
- VPN Apps: Credible VPN services come with easy-to-use software that’s compatible with a variety of devices running on iOS, Android, Windows or Linux.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: In your search for specific Kodi Addons, you might come to realise that some of them only work in specific places. This means they’re geo-locked. With a credible VPN service, you’ll be able to work around such restrictions and use them from wherever you may be.
Given the many tests that we’ve carried out with a good number of the VPN providers online, we’d say IPVanish is the best provider we’ve come across that has taken the time to ensure that their apps work well with Kodi. Their customer service is also always on tap to ensure you’re well attended to incase of any issues, and their prices won’t do that much damage to your wallet. You can sample them out through their 7-day trial period where, if within 7 days of their service you’re still not convinced, you can easily opt for a refund.
If you’re still looking for more options to consider, here’s our list of the best VPNs to use with Kodi in 2018:
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|
Conclusion on Streaming The Winter Olympics 2018 Live On Kodi
Now that you have the necessary setup instructions, there’s nothing stopping you from streaming the PyeongChang 2018 Olympics live online. Have any questions or comments regarding our guide? Leave them on the comment section below, and we’ll be glad to get back to you.