Watching the Super Bowl 52 live online isn’t as difficult as most people would think it is. This year’s Super Bowl, set to be played at the U.S Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota shouldn’t really have anyone within the USA worried about how much they’ll need to save towards making the trip and watching the game live. As an alternative, fans based in the US might want to consider streaming the game online for free courtesy of NBC Sports. For American expats and other fans scattered around the world though, streaming the Super Bowl 52 live online might be a bit of an issue, especially if you’re not quite sure how to bypass their regional restrictions.
In this guide however, we’re going to take you through instructions that should help you properly set up the service on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Android, Fire TV Stick, Xbox or your Apple TV, and be able to stream the game from the comfort of your home, regardless of wherever you may be.
Super Bowl 2018 Streaming Channels
There are a couple of channels that are set to broadcast the games either for free or after a payment, and we have a list you’re able to choose from below:
Free Super Bowl 52 Streaming Channels
- Channel 7 (Australia)
- NBC Sports (USA)
- CTV (Canada)
- BBC iPlayer (UK)
Paid Super Bowl LI Streaming Channels
- Sky (UK)
- SuperSport (South Africa)
- Playstation Vue (USA)
- DAZN (Germany)
- OSN Play (Middle East)
- Sling TV (USA)
Streaming The Super Bowl 2018 With VPN
If you happen to be living within the US, there’s no other better channel to stream Super Bowl LII than NBC Sports. For fans outside the US, the best way to get access to the channel is to spoof your location, and this can be done through the use of a VPN service. A credible VPN provider should allow you to exchange your actual IP address for a virtual one, and to watch the Super Bowl 2018 Live you would need an American IP address. Once you have one, you’ll be able to access geo-restricted American channels and sites regardless of wherever you are.
Find instructions on how to watch the 2018 Super Bowl live through VPN below:
- Register with a credible VPN service.
- Save the VPN app to your Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android or PC.
- Start up the app, and sign in through the VPN app you created earlier.
- Launch a connection to an American server through the app.
- Either use the NBCSN application or go over to the NBC Sports website.
- Watch Falcons vs Patriots free live online as though you were in the US.
The list of VPN providers available for users to subscribe to is long, and going through all of them to see which one grants you the best service might take a very long while. To help reduce the amount of time that you could spend looking for the right provider, we’ve done some research into which would be the best VPN to watch the 2018 Super Bowl live online, and we’d recommend using ExpressVPN.
If for one reason or another, ExpressVPN doesn’t happen to be the best fit for you, then we have a short list of a couple of other service providers you might want to consider, and they are:
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free Trial||Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Simultaneous Connections||Website|
Streaming The 2018 Super Bowl Live Through Smart DNS Proxies
Another great way through which you’d be able to work around the many geographic restrictions set up on NBC Sports would be to use Smart DNS proxies. Despite the fact that you won’t really get a new IP address as you would with a VPN service, this method also allows you to unblock geo-restricted channels like Fox Sports, ESPN or even NBC Sports while abroad. You can do this as long as you’re sure that your Smart DNS Proxy service supports unblocking BBCSN Go outside the US.
For users going for this alternative, we’d recommend using Unlocator. The set up process as well is not very difficult to see through. Here’s what you have to do:
- Start out by heading over to Unlocator and creating your free trial account.
- Next step would be to go through these setup guides/videos to have Smart DNS installed on your streaming device.
- Lastly, use the NBC Sports Live Extra app, or the NBC Sports website to stream Patriots vs Falcons live online from wherever you might be.
According to their website, Unlocator allows you to circumvent geo-restrictions set up on more than 220 channels found on the Internet, including BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, DAZN, CTV, SuperSport, WatchESPN, Fox Sports Go and NBC Sports. A sure way to try them out and see if they’re a good fit would be to sign up for their free Unlocator trial. You’ve really got nothing to lose.
International Kick Off Times, Games & Venues for Super Bowl 2018
- USA: Sunday, February 4, 2018
- ET: 6:30 PM
- Pacific Time: 3:30 PM
- Central: 5:30 PM
- UK: 11:30 PM
- Australia: 5:30 AM
- Germany: 12:30 AM
- France: 12:30 AM
- Super Bowl LII: Philadelphia Eagles vs New England Patriots on Sunday, February 4, 2018, at U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Time: Kickoff is 6:30 p.m. ET, to be streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Announcers: Joe Buck (play-by-play), Troy Aikman (analysis), Erin Andrews and Chris Myers (sideline reporters)
- Halftime show: The NFL announced that Justin Timberlake will headline the Pepsi Zero Sugar Super Bowl 2018 Halftime Show.
Devices Capable Of Streaming NBC Sports Live Extra
- Xbox One
- Windows PC
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Kindle Fire
- OSX Mac
- Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV Stick
Final Take on the 2018 Super Bowl
For a chance to witness where the Vince Lombardi Trophy will end up this time round, all you need to do is set up ExpressVPN or Unlocator to stream Super Bowl 2018 live online. In case you come up with any issues, we’ll be glad to help you out. Just leave your questions or comments in the section below.