How to stream the Winter X Games 2018 live on Kodi 17 Krypton or Kodi 18 Leia? This year’s edition of the extreme Winter games will start on the 25th of January 2018 in Aspen Colorado. Hundreds of extreme sports athletes will compete against each others in what is one of the most exciting sports events of the year. In case you have installed Kodi on your PC, Mac, Android, Xbox One, Raspberry Pi, or Amazon FireStick, you’re probably looking for a way to watch the Winter X Games on Kodi live.
How to Watch 2018 Winter X Games on Kodi Live?
In the United States, extreme sports fans can watch the whole event live on ESPN. Luckily for Kodi users, they can stream the Winter X Games on Kodi by installing the ESPN addon. The only downside is that you’ll need a valid cable subscription in order to sign into the addon and watch live sports. You also need to be located in the US or the addon won’t work. Luckily geoblocks can be bypassed by using VPN.
- Start Up Kodi.
- Open Addons.
- Select ‘Package Installer’.
- Decide to ‘Install from Repository’, then ‘Kodi Add-on Repository’.
- Click on ‘Video Addons’.
- You should see ‘ESPN 3’ or ‘ESPN Player’ on that list.
- Select ‘ESPN 3’ then Install.
- Hold on for the ESPN 3 Addon Enabled pop up.
- From the Kodi home screen, select the ‘Addons’ tab.
- This is where all the video addons you install will appear.
- Proceed to Launching ESPN 3.
- Enter your username & password.
- After successfully singing in, you’re set for watching the Winter X Games Live on Kodi.
Using VPN to Unblock More Content on Kodi
A good number of Kodi addons are difficult to access especially if you happen to be abroad. This is because of the numerous geo-restrictions that have been set up to restrict such access. This is bad news for British and even American expats since it’ll be really hard to rely on those plugins when based out of their home countries. There is however one solution that they can rely on to work around the restrictions, and it involves using a VPN service with your Kodi. There are plenty of benefits that you stand to gain from doing so, and some of them include:
- Guaranteed Privacy: Using a VPN means your online security gets a boost, and your connection becomes encrypted. Your identity therefore becomes hidden, and your access to the Internet is facilitated by servers based in many countries throughout the world.
- Avoid ISP Throttling: One of the measures that ISP providers put in place to control your Internet use is slowing down your connection especially when your doing bandwidth intensive things such as streaming HD videos. A VPN conceals your activity from your ISP so they won’t even know what you’re up to.
- VPN Apps: Most VPN apps today are built with ease of use in mind, making it user-friendly even to individuals who have no technical experience. They’re sure to work on platforms such as Mac, Android, iOS, FireStick and PC.
- Access Regionally Restricted Kodi-Addons: VPN will allow you to get hold of Kodi addons that you wouldn’t normally be able to access based on your location. You’ll then be able to stream & watch a lot more of your favourite content from around the world.
For the best experience with Kodi addons, our top recommendation goes to IPVanish, since they happen to have built their apps with the Kodi user in mind. You’re free to test their service through the 7-day refund policy that they offer, and see how well it works for you. If you’d like to carry out the comparisons yourself, then perhaps our list of the best VPNs to use with Kodi in 2018 might help you out:
|Provider||Price (Annual Plan)||Free|
|Refund Option (Days)||# of Countries||Immediate Support (chat, toll-free)||Own DNS Servers||Website|
|$4.99 per month||No||30||200||Yes||No||Visit site|
How to Watch Winter X Games 2018 on Kodi Live
That’s all you need to know about how to stream the Winter X Games on Kodi. Do you know of any other sports Kodi addons that are worth checking out. Drop a comment below to let us know.